Thursday, December 2, 2010

Announcing Eva Boshernitzan!

She's here!

I have to say that we have been remarkably lucky throughout the short life of our little girl.  My pregnancy was probably as easy as they come, and my labor was just as simple.  We scheduled an induction for 7am on November 23rd, started it at 9am, and I held her in my arms for the first time at 4:20pm!  I have to say, epidurals are AMAZING!

The past 9 days have been fraught with lack of sleep, lots of breastfeeding traumas, and worry - but looking at our little baby makes it all worthwhile.  My family came in to help take care of the baby, clean, and celebrate my birthday, and the Boshernitzans have stopped by many times to bring groceries and check on the newest member of the tribe.  The Lustgartens and the Feinsteins also brought food to make our transition to parenthood easier.

Most importantly, we were able to have a large family style Thanksgiving at which I didn't have to cook or clean a thing!  Still working on uploading those photos...

Then, it was my 29th birthday, and I think it might have been the best one yet!

Thank you to everyone who has supported us throughout this process.  Your love and well wishes have made everything so much easier!  We can't wait to share Eva's many triumphs with you.  :)

Speaking of which, the doctor even commented that she is unusually strong - already lifting her head, making eye contact, and reaching for objects.  Of course, she could probably sit there like a bump on a log and we'd still think she's perfect, but we know she'll be amazing in everything she does.  Afterall, she has great genes!

No comments:

Post a Comment